A finance lease is a longer term finance solution that allows you to hire an asset over a set period of time.
At the end of the primary lease period you can:
- enter into a secondary rental period, making one payment per annum; or
- return the asset to Liberty Leasing; or
- discuss with us the option of selling the asset to a third party.
Although you do not own the asset, you will have most of the ‘risk and rewards’ associated with ownership. The asset is recognised on the balance sheet as a fixed asset and the full cost of the lease rentals are deducted as a taxable expense.
As with hire purchase, you are responsible for the maintenance and insurance of the asset.
Benefits of Finance Lease
- Reclaimable VAT. VAT on monthly rentals can be reclaimed if you are a VAT registered business and the asset is vatable (exceptions for personal use vehicles and assets).
- Balance Sheet Assets. Taking out a finance lease allows you to recognise the asset on the balance sheet and rentals are normally deductible against taxable profits (subject to certain conditions).
- Cash Flow. Payments are fixed during the primary rental period allowing you to forecast cash flow and compare the expected revenue and profits generated by the use of the asset.
- Access to High Quality Equipment. Finance lease may give you access to a wider range of equipment too expensive to purchase outright. This solution gives you immediate access to the asset you require, without having to wait for sufficient savings or profits to come in.
For more information about finance lease, contact our sales team on 02380 456565 or [email protected].